Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chapter 32


Right away I could sense a change. And after three babies I knew “that feeling” that I was once again with child. It would be a few more weeks until I could take a pregnancy test but I just knew. By mid-July I had a positive pregnancy test and an appointment scheduled at my Ob/Gyn for mid-August.
Of course I told Joey right away that I knew we were expecting again and we decided to wait to tell others as long as possible. I had heard from other women who said that after miscarriages or their loss of a baby that they knew and had a peace when that healthy pregnancy was taking place. I on the other hand had no such confidence. To me God had not guaranteed that I would have a heathly baby all I knew for sure was God’s promise to be with me.
At my doctors appointment I was to confirm the pregnancy and find out when I was due. The doctor thought I was there for my womanly checkup and was surprised to find out that I was expecting again so soon. She told me I was very brave. I was told that my due date was to be March the 17th, 2007, which was St. Patrick’s day. Oh I thought that should be easy to remember and so my next checkup would be at 11 weeks to hear the babies heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment