Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chapter 33


Joey and I decided it would be good to go ahead and tell our families so that they could begin to pray for us. “…pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:16.
Anxiously I went to that appointment with my kids JJ and Kayla. I told them they would get to hear the baby’s heartbeat. The nurse came in and began to search around my belly for the heartbeat and I was praying in my mind “pleas
e God let her find it right away.” But she just kept searching and said “well I can’t seem to detect it I will have the doctor come try…maybe you are not as far along as we thought.” Oh I was terrified now but tried to remain calm especially for the kid’s sake. Then after awhile the doctor came in and again my prayer in my mind “please God let her find it right away she must surely know exactly where to put the monitor.” She pressed firmly and listened but she could not find it either and she too thought maybe I was not as far along as thought. She said she would get me into ultrasound and that would surely show the heart beating.
And so I sat there with my kids and told them not to worry and that this way they could see the baby too. (This was really me trying to convince myself.) With shaky hands and trembling in my voice I called Joey who was at work and told him what was taking place. He prayed with me and I told him I would call him as soon as I knew anything.
We waited to be called back to ultrasound and yes it felt like hours. A young lady came in who had a kind face and gentle demeanor (thank you Lord) she said come with me lets take a look at this baby. I told her to please tell me as soon as she saw the heartbeat and explained to her what had happened to my last baby. She was very reassuring and kind. This was an internal ultrasound and I had never had one like this and this early in a pregnancy. I looked over at the screen and saw a little peanut shape. I strained my eyes looking for a little flickering heartbeat. The technician said immediately “oh see there’s that little heart beating and it’s strong too.”
Wow, I could breath again. I said out loud “praise you Jesus, thank you Jesus!” I invited the kids to come over and see this new little baby to our family. She gave me pictures to keep and with joy and relief I called to let Joey know.


No comments:

Post a Comment