Friday, April 4, 2014

Remembering you... 7th birthday in Heaven

This year when I was looking for silk flowers to take to Curtis graveside I found a little ceramic angel. I thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to have the kids feel apart of honoring his life. They each painted a portion of the angel and it was very sweet.







As they worked together they started to talk about Curtis and ask questions. JJ asked me if I was very sad when we lost him. I told him we were and the truth is the grief is still very real and painful especially at this time of year around his birthday. 




I remembered this song "The Warrior is a Child" http://youtu.be/K5o2YY5BRUg and how fitting it is to how I feel as I remember him and how blessed I am to be able to turn to my Heavenly Father. God was there for Joey and I from the first time we found out we would lose Curtis, to the moment he was born, and even to this day. Has the journey of life wounded your heart? Run to Jesus and rest in His care.

No comments:

Post a Comment